- Grape variety: 80% Sangiovese, 20% Canaiolo.
- Vineyard: 5 hectares of specialised vineyard.
- Vineyard exposure: west.
- Vineyard altitude: 450 metres above sea level.
- Training systems: Tuscan bow and spurred cordon.
- Type of soil: Alberese limestone and Galestro marl.
- Harvest: late September/October
- Vinification: alcoholic fermentation with selected yeasts in temperature-controlled stainless steel tanks and using procedures which are modulated depending on the year. Spontaneous malo-lactic fermentation.
- Ageing: 8 months in oak barrels, 3 months in the bottle.
- Alcohol content: 13.5- 14 % Vol.
- Formats: 0.750 ml bottle, 0.500 ml flask.
Bright ruby red colour with a fruity perfume characterised by plum,
currant and sour cherry aromas.
Dry taste, well-structured with an excellent tannic balance. Elegant and complex.
Serve with roast, grilled and spit roast meats, game and mature cheeses.